Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mantra


Knowing love, I shall allow all things to come and go.
Be as supple as the wind, and take everything that comes
with great courage. Life is right in any case,
my heart is as open as the sky.


This mantra comes from a film that hugely impacted my heart.
Maya, the main character, walks with me as I journey. She,
a courtesan in 15th Century India, learns that her heart is
courageous enough to risk grace in even the fiercest storm.
She continues to remind me to be grateful for all the moments
of this blessed life path: that it is up to us to recognize
the teaching in even the most terrifying shadow.

I carry this mantra in my heart and often repeat it, like a
prayer, as I dance the hills and valleys of my days.

2 comments:

tickledspirit said...

What is the film?

much love to you -- so inspired by your journey

Ashleigh Elizabeth said...

The film is: A Gift for the Village. It will debut in the United States in September. Please check out the blog at www.agiftforthevillage.blogspot.com Blessings!