Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Circle of Blessings

Mother Mary in my pocket
Heart-shaped stickers on the edge of my smile
Joyful laughter in my belly
Life-affirming tears on my cheeks
Barefoot on the grass, at the edge of the green garden
I open my heart to the blessings only Mothers can offer.

Safety
Joy
Fun
Open-Heart
Adventure
Love
Friendship
Courage
Health
Learning
Sharing

Mothers make giving your heart seem so simple
Flooding generosity and love burst the seams
of my seamless heart and send me
Laughing, crying, jumping in disbelief, excitement,
and a spirit overcome by the
beauty of a circle.

A circle of women. A circle of Mothers.
A circle of women who love without question and
bless the little girl
whose eyes have only grown wider in 25 years of
walking barefoot over the earth.
A circle of Mothers in a garden.
What greater blessing is there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gift to be one of your Mothers. Blessings, Anne

Anonymous said...

I as your biological mother am so grateful to share this amazing young woman that has been loved and blessed by many strong beautiful women. Go and learn so you can return to share your new lessons with us all. I love you. Mom